ITIL 4 Foundation Certification Training
Certificate: ITIL 4 Foundation
Duration: 3 day
Delivery: Onsite or virtual – instructor led
ITIL 4 is built on the established core of best practice in the ITIL guidance. ITIL 4 provides a practical and flexible approach to move to the new world of digital transformation and embrace an end-to-end operating model for the delivery and operation of products and services. ITIL 4 also provides a holistic end-to-end picture that integrates frameworks such as Lean IT, Agile, and DevOps.
The ITIL ® 4 Foundation course is a 3-day classroom learning experience based on the exam specifications provided by AXELOS for the ITIL ®(4 Foundation certification. The fundamental objective of this course is to help the participants understand the key concepts of service management and the ITIL 4 service management framework and prepare for the ITIL ® 4 Foundation exam.
In addition, this class offers a rich learning experience that helps the participants relate ITIL to their own work environment. The course includes a case study (based on a fictitious organization, ‘Axle Car Hire’) that will help the participants understand and experience the ITIL guiding principles, service value, practices through real-world challenges and opportunities. The rich learning experience is supported by additional learning tools such as pre-course reading materials, post-course reading material, and a set of quick reference cards.
Download the ITIL 4 Foundation Fact Sheet
The ITIL ® 4 Foundation course fundamentally targets the participants in the IT and business domains who wish to take first steps in service management or who are familiar with earlier versions of ITIL and/or other sources of industry best practice and wish to learn about ITIL 4. This course and the related certification can be beneficial for the following roles:
- IT Support Staff
- IT Consultants
- Business Managers
- Business Process Owners
- IT Developers
- Service Providers
- System Integrators
- Anyone working in a DevOps team
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts of ITIL service management.
- Understand how ITIL guiding principles can help an organization to adopt and adapt ITIL
- service management.
- Understand the four dimensions of ITIL service management.
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system, and activities
- of the service value chain, and how they interconnect.
- Understand the key concepts of continual improvement.
- Learn the various ITIL practices and how they contribute to value chain activities.
None, although a familiarity with IT service delivery will be beneficial.
The ITIL ® 4 Foundation course includes the following course components for participants:
- Course Book (eBook or printed) – View the Sample_ITIL 4 Foundation_Course_Book
- Pre-course reading to get your prepared for the class (eBook)
- Post-course reading to reinforce the learning (eBook)
- Quick Reference Cards
- Sample Questions to prepare you for the exam
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3|
|1. Course Introduction||5. The Service Value System – Pt 1||7.a – ITIL General Mgt Practices|
|2. Service Management Key Concepts||5. The Service Value System – Pt 2||7.b – ITIL Service Mgt Practices|
|3. The 7 Guiding Principles||6. Continual Improvement||7.c – ITIL Technical Mgt Practices|
|4. The Four Dimensions||7. The ITIL Practices – Introduction||Exam Preparation|
- Accredited ITIL 4 Foundation training is strongly recommended but not a prerequisite
- A review of the course content via self-study prior to taking the exam is also recommended.
- Exam can take place at the classroom, at the conclusion of the course; or, it can be taken online at a later time (special arrangements required).
|Delivery||Online (Web based) and paper based|
|Proctoring||Live or Web-proctored|
|Number of questions||40, simple multiple choice (1 mark per question)|
|Pass Grade||65% (26 out of 40 correct)|
Course Specific Delivery Information
There are no formal prerequisites. It is recommended that the participant has obtained training through an accredited course.
- Live, instructor led course – onsite or virtual
- ITIL 4 Foundation Course Manual (eBook)
- Helpful sample templates and examples
- Exercises to reinforce learning
- Sample exams and exam prep
- Note – the ITIL 4 Foundation exam is optional; and must be ordered in addition to the class if desired. If it is ordered, the instructor will deliver the exam at the conclusion of the class.
Course Delivery Requirements
- For online virtual delivery, the student must have a suitably equipped laptop, or pc, with a web cam, audio support, and a high-speed internet connection
- For onsite courses, acceptable facilities must be made available
Pricing and Ordering Information:
- Product Code: ITIL 8070
- Pricing is based per student, with a class size of 6 – 15 (exceptions require a special quote)
- Sample pricing:
- 12 student class at customer site (suitable facilities must be provided)
- 3 days of live instructor led training
- All materials included – student eBook,, handouts, sample exams
- Official exam optional – must be purchased separately. Exam can be taken at the end of the 3 day course, or arranged to be taken at a later time.
- Total estimates pricing for 12 student onsite class : $6,995 (travel and incidental expenses extra)
- To request more information or to order, visit our web site, or contact us by calling 1-949-305-3544. Or, you mail email us to request a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The ITIL Accredited Training Organization logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.