Service Desk / Support Center Assessment
How Does YOUR Support Center or IT Service Desk Stack Up? Find Out with a Support Center Assessment!
Are there opportunities to improve your service desk or customer support center? Are key enabling factors such as leadership, policy & strategy, people management, process and resources on track – enabling you to maximize productivity and minimize cost? Do you have the right metrics and measurements in place? How does your support center stack up against HDI’s Support Center Certification standard, and ITIL industry best-practices? Wondering about your support center’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for improvement?
Our Support Center Assessment (SCA) service is a cost-effective way to assess your support center – whether you have an internal IT Service Desk, Help Desk, or an externally facing Customer Support Center. We will identify opportunities for improvement, pinpoint areas of strength, and deliver to you a detailed “road map” for improvement. Our assessment service can also help you assess whether or not to move ahead with formal HDI Support Center Certification.
Support Center Assessment Key Features
- Comprehensive, professional assessment of your IT help desk or customer support center, resulting in an identification of strengths, weaknesses, and improvement opportunities
- Based on compliance with HDI’s World Class Support Center Certification (SCC) model and standards. The HDI SCC model is support center specific, but includes many of the standards from the latest ITIL best-practice framework.
- Includes a preparation survey, three days of onsite assessment, preparation of formal findings and recommendations report, and a special presentation. The assessment is essentially a three-stage project, with remote or onsite presentation of findings and recommendations at the conclusion of the assessment.
- Our SCA service factors in all the key elements into the assessment:
During the assessment we look at all the critical elements for successful service delivery: people, process, and technology. The “scope” of the assessment will vary, depending on client requirements, but in all cases we will engage these sources:
1) Interviews of key support center stakeholders – customers, users, and support staff
2) Review of support center documentation – policies, procedures, etc.
3) Observation of workflow processes – live observation of activities
- Tells you how close your support center is to meeting industry standards, along with a road-map for improvement and eventual HDI Support Center Certification.
- Formal written report prepared and presented, providing your management with a “road map” for implementing improvements in people, processes and technology.
Why Choose Our Support Center Assessment Service?
- Insight from an experienced HDI Auditor and Industry Expert – our Support Center Assessment is much more than a self-evaluation. You get a complete assessment from a recognized support center and IT expert, complete analysis of results, and specific recommendations that you can put right to work after the assessment.
- A cost-effective approach – Our Support Center Assessment starts with a remote survey process, followed up by an onsite 3 day visit, preparation of a detailed report, and a special presentation to your management. You get a professional 3rd party assessment of your operations at a cost-effective price.
- Provides a Road Map to implement improvements in your support center. Learn about quick wins, as well as those opportunities that represent a great deal of value, but which must be planned for carefully.
- Equips you to address areas of opportunity, further optimizing operations – even if you choose not to proceed with HDI certification, the assessment delivers valuable guidance about where and how you can improve your IT operations.
Partial List of Previous Support Center Assessments
Support Center Assessments have been performed for medium to large organizations, including both public and private institutions. Some of our SCA engagements include such well known names as Yahoo!, New York Life, Plantronics, Hoag Hospital, Self Regional Healthcare, SERCO, ISO New England, and many others. Paul M. Dooley, our senior consultant, HDI Auditor, and IT Expert, delivers the Support Center Assessment personally.
Why Choose Optimal Connections?
Experience and expertise – Our principal consultant has over 30 years of experience in the service and support industry. So you can be confident you are dealing with someone who has a great deal of experience and expertise when it comes to assessing and advising on IT support center operations.
Qualifications – Our principal consultant holds Bachelors and Master in Business Administration degrees, as well as numerous industry certifications from HDI and ITIL (ITIL Foundation, Intermediate and Expert certifications). His wide body of experience, including instruction, audits, and consulting, provide you with quality recommendations you can put right to work.
Quality Results – Paul has conducted numerous IT and support center assessments and audits, including the largest HDI Support Center Certification audit to date: a global SCC project encompassing eight support centers around the globe.
Assessment Pricing and Delivery
Request a Support Center Assessment Proposal
For more information, or to request a proposal for a Support Center Assessment, please call 1 (949) 305-3544, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you right away!