DevOps Fundamentals Certification Training
Product Type: DevOps Fundamentals Training Course
Level: Fundamentals Certification
Duration: 2 day
Language: English (en-US)
Delivery Format: Onsite or Virtual
The DevOps Fundamentals course provides an extensive introduction to the core Agile DevOps principles covering the essential knowledge and skill competences that have been defined by the DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA). This course is designed to provide the core education necessary to build your DevOps vocabulary, understand its principles and practices, and acquire a fundamental understanding of DevOps.
Anyone who requires a detailed understanding of DevOps principles, such as project and business managers, all professionals involved in IT quality assurance, testing and service management and anyone involved in the development, operation and delivery of IT services.
Download the DevOps Fundamentals Training Fact Sheet
Professionals will increase their value within the organization and on the IT market with this certificate. After successfully completing the course, they will have an understanding of DevOps and be able to:
- Explain the cultural drivers responsible for the emergence of DevOps;
- Define and discuss the key concepts, principles and practices of DevOps;
- List and explain the business benefits of DevOps and continuous delivery;
- DevOps organizational considerations including DevOps roles, teams and organizational structures;
- Describe how DevOps relates to the Service Delivery process;
- Explain the concepts of test automation, infrastructure automation, and build and deployment automation;
- Describe how DevOps relates to ITIL, Lean and Agile methodologies;
- List the most common and popular DevOps tools;
- Discuss the critical success factors for DevOps implementation.
- The two day DevOps Fundamentals course may be delivered two ways: 1) on-site, which requires suitable facilities provided by the customer (room, tables & chairs, projector/display, etc.), or 2) virtually, over the internet, with a live instructor.
- The course is taught by our principal consultant and instructor, Paul M. Dooley, who has a significant amount of experience having trained hundreds of IT professionals across the U.S. and overseas. Paul is an ITIL Expert, and certified in DevOps (by DASA).
- View the DevOps Fundamentals Sample Presentation Slides used by our instructor.
Course Student Material
- View the sample DevOps Fundamentals Sample Course Book.
- The slide materials, including the course notes, will also be used as course student material.
- A Certificate of Completion will be awarded to those students who complete the class.
- The DASA DevOps Fundamentals Certification will be awarded to students who pass the exam.
About the DevOps Fundamentals Exam
- The exam is optional, and must be ordered separately for each student attending the class who also wishes to take the exam at the conclusion of the class.
- The DevOps Fundamentals Certification Exam is given at the conclusion of the course to those students registered for the exam. To take the exam, knowledge of IT and familiarity with IT services is recommended.
- The examination takes 60 minutes with non-native speakers of English being permitted an additional 15 minutes. It is a closed-book, web-based exam and consists of 40 multiple-choice questions. The passing grade is 65%. Participants are permitted to use scratch paper. A proctor will be present or the exam will be proctored via a webcam.
Pricing and Ordering Information
- Pricing includes
- 2 days of live, instructor led training (onsite or virtual)
- DevOps Fundamentals student course books
- Handouts and sample templates
- Activities and exercises to reinforce learning
- Note: the exam is optional, and must be ordered separately for students wishing to take the certification exam at the end of the class.
- For more information or for a special quote on your class, please call 1 (949) 305-3544, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.